Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sunday afternoon at The Molly Cafe

A quiet afternoon at home. After a series of adoptions (both Finny and Lucas adopted babies in my family room hardware store) we decided to have a celebratory lunch at the Molly Cafe.

Here is our menu:




For the first time ever, I actually made Moll prepare the food she was offering, mostly because Lukey was "for real" hungry and I figured I could kill two birds with one stone: playing pretend and a getting a good lunch out of the deal.

Here is what we had:



You should have seen molly's face when I told her that she had to do "real math" on the bill. I also told her that her coffee was overpriced and she changed the bill to reflect the new total. Good customer service.

I think I will give her a good review on Urban Spoon.

As a footnote, the marshmallows you see on the bill were the handmade toasted coconut marshmallows I made yesterday.

Note to self: never attempt marshmallows again. Ever. I spent most of this morning scrubbing the hardened marshmallow goo off the kitchen counters. Let's just say that there is enough to do around here in the cleaning department that I don't have to go around making work for myself.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can I just say how thrilled I am that "adoption" has become part of your family time? Matthew wholly supports it, too.

Tell Molly that it's all a "dress rehearsal".

Love,

Beth