Monday, February 8, 2010

Kiwis up and down

Molly has some morning issues. Being a born night owl, she doesn't exactly spring out of bed when I wake her. Plus, her tummy often hurts...this is something I also experienced as a kid and is likely the main reason that I don't eat breakfast as a grown up (I know, I know, breakfast is the most important meal of the day...just not MY day).

The problem is that Molly often complains of tummyaches in the morning, but then heads off to school without a hitch. Sometimes, she complains a bit more than normal. I have to decide if she is genuinely ailing, or just malingering. This morning was a toss up. She told me she felt sick, but I got her all the way to school before I decided that she looked legitimately green. I brought her home and she puked in the kitchen sink.

As she ralphed her guts out, here's what she said:

"Hey [looking at what she was producing in the sink], that's my kiwi from breakfast. Oh no, I wanted that kiwi. It was so yummy..."

I reassured that little girl that there were more kiwis to be had. And as my mom told her, she got the best part...

1 comment:

Hero said...

so cute. Seriously, your kids are like little walking potent quotables or quotent potables or whatever the Jeopardy category about quotations is called.

Hope the stomach thing isn't serious. We've had a bit of a stomach flu around here recently as well.

by the way, my word verification for this comment is macking...that's a great word. Even if it isn't a real one.