Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Technically speaking...

I am pretty sure I know the culprit. I won't name names because there were no witnesses.

I have told the kids that they cannot pick candies off of the gingerbread house until New Year's Day when it gets smashed and devoured (this rule is made considerably more difficult to enforce by their father, who somehow feels that rules of this sort do not apply to him).

Aside from a couple of lapses, this dictate has been honoured. Then today, I saw this:



I am not sure if you can see in the picture, but there are clear teeth marks in the giant gumdrop. SOMEONE has taken the word of law literally and has NOT picked the candy off the house. Instead, they have EATEN the candy while it is still ON the house.

Well played.

Note to self: next year, clearer rules.

No comments: